For information about the Office of Instruction, contact Vice President Randy Barnes at (619) 388-3523, or Lydia Gonzales (Administrative Secretary, Office of Instruction) at (619) 388-3523.
Our Goals for 2013-2014:
In accord with the college’s mission and institutional priorities, Instructional Services has as its goals:
- Provide lower division and general education courses that lead to Certificates, Associate Degrees, and/or transfer to a four year college or university.
- Develop career technical education programs that meet specific industry and community needs, upgrade the employment skills of students, and fulfill license requirements of the state of California as well as contribute to the economic development of our region.
- Offer basic skills instruction to assist students in meeting their educational goals.
- Maintain essential instructional support for all students.
- Use technology and information to support instruction, communication, and decision making.
- Maintain the integrity of academic programs in an environment of continuous regulatory and fiscal change.
- Develop a creative range of programs to promote environmental, cultural, physical, political, and economic sustainability.
- Recruit and maintain faculty and staff that reflect the diversity of our student population.