Standing committee of the Academic Senate
Charge and Decision-making Responsibilities:
Reviews and approves all courses and programs including curriculum proposals, catalog changes for new and revised courses and programs, and course activation and deactivation for compliance with state regulations and district policy to ensure the following (Policy 5300.2):
- Degree credit, non-degree credit and noncredit courses meet standards for approval as defined by Title 5.
- Courses and programs comply with the criteria as defined in the California Community Colleges Curriculum Standards Handbook.
- Curriculum meets District policy regarding criteria for the Associate Degree and General Education.
- Courses delivered by Distance Education conform to state regulations.
- Classes for disabled conform to state regulations and guidelines.
- Stand alone courses that are not offered as part of an approved program are reviewed and approved.
- Credit courses fulfill requirements for submission as Transfer Curriculum (IGETC), California State Univeristy (CSU), Univeristy of California (UC) transfer standards for electives and major requirements to CSU, UC, and/or other post-secondary colleges and universities.
- Credit courses that fulfill District General Education, multicultural, American Institutions and/or health and physical education requirements are reviewed and approved.
- New programs and modification to approved programs are reviewed.
- Reviews credit courses throughout the district to determine duplication in content; recommends policy/procedures regarding academic and professional matters; provides in-service training for college faculty serving on curriculum development; provides for emergency review of curriculum.
- Ensures that curriculum committee members, as determined by City College, is in compliance with Title 5.
- Advises faculty and administrators on reasons for withholding approval.
- Takes appropriate action on curriculum proposals for the Academic Senate.
Agenda, Minutes and related Administrative Activities:
- Policy and procedure recommendations requiring consultation will be forwarded to the Academic Senate for review and recommendation.
- The Office of the Vice President of Instruction will provide clerical assistance for recording and dissemination of all minutes, reports, and required documents.
- Reports results to the Academic Senate and District Curriculum Instructional Council; forwards results to the Office of Instruction and the Instructional Services Council.
- The faculty committee chair will receive reassigned time supported by the Office of Instruction.
- Agendas and minutes shall be taken an disseminated.
- Minutes shall be posted in a public folder accessible electronically.
- City 2016 - 2017 CRC and Technical Review Committee Meeting Dates
|CRC Meetings||TRC Meetings|
|09/07/2016 Agenda Minutes (rev)||08/31/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|09/21/2016 Agenda Minutes||09/14/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|10/05/2016 Agenda Minutes||09/28/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|10/19/2016 Agenda Minutes||09/30/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|11/02/2016 Agenda Minutes||10/12/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|11/16/2016 Agenda Minutes||10/26/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|12/07/2016 Agenda Minutes||11/09/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|02/15/2017 Agenda Minutes||11/30/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|03/01/2017 Agenda Minutes||12/14/2016 Agenda Minutes|
|03/15/2017 Agenda Minutes||02/08/2017 Agenda Minutes|
|04/05/2017 Agenda Minutes||02/22/2017 Agenda Minutes|
|04/19/2017 Agenda Minutes||03/08/2017 Agenda Minutes|
|05/03/2017 Agenda Minutes||03/22/2017 Agenda Minutes|
|05/17/2017 Agenda Minutes||04/12/2017 Agenda Minutes|
| ||04/26/2017 Agenda Minutes|
| ||05/10/2017 Agenda Minutes|
| ||05/24/2017 Agenda Minutes|
Archived Meeting Dates and Minutes
- 2015 - 2016 CRC and TRC Meetings
- 2014 - 2015 CRC and TRC Meetings