City Athlete Academic Support Program
CAASP Helps Students Succeed at 4-Year Institutions
The San Diego City Athletic Academic Support Program (CAASP) was created "to provide the necessary resources and guidance that will aid in the successful transfer and matriculation of the City College student-athlete to four-year institutions." The program has helped City College earn a solid reputation for athletic and academic success. More importantly, it has helped literally hundreds of athletes move on to compete at four-year programs while finishing their degree work.
The program's offerings include:
- Explore your career interests with the athletics counselor.
- Provide intensive counseling and guidance to student-athletes.
- Provide progress reports to let athletes know how they're doing in classes.
- Establishing workshops to help athletes reach their academic/career goals.
- Referral for tutoring services as needed.
- Rewards for academic achievement.
- Establish a semester-by-semester plan to reach your academic/transfer goals.
- Transfer/Eligibility assistance.