The goal of the SDCC Information Assurance and Cyber-Security Program is to proactively increase community understanding of robust cyber defense (CD) technology, policy and practices that will enable our Nation to effectively prevent and respond to a catastrophic cyber event. This program will contribute significantly to the advancement of state-of-the-art CD knowledge and practice.
Establish a process that will:
- Provide programs that commit to excellence in the field of Cyber Defense education at community and technical college and government training institutions.
- Provide innovative, comprehensive and multidisciplinary education and training in the CD field.
- Strengthen the cybersecurity workforce by providing CD education and training through degree and certification programs at community and technical colleges and government training centers.
- Build an effective education pipeline model with K–12 schools to encourage students at an early age to enter CD fields of study.
- Provide the Nation with a pipeline of qualified students poised to become the future skilled technical workforce.
- Continuously improve the quality of CD programs, curriculum, faculty, students and other institutions.