Eligibility & Services


  1. Be currently enrolled in any class within the San Diego Community College District campuses
  2. Currently enrolled on CalWORKs with the County Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA)
  3. Current Notice of Action (NOA or document listing Income Verification) by HHSA
  4. Bring a referral from the County


  1. Complete a CalWORKs intake form and submit it to our office
  2. Submit your Notice of Action
  3. Schedule an appointment to meet with a CalWORKs counselor to complete an Individual Training Plan (ITP) and Educational Plan

Program Services:

  • Academic, career and personal counseling
  • Priority Registration for Classes
  • Monthly Welfare to Work reporting forms
  • Books requests/reimbursements
  • College supplies
  • Transportation refund and/or parking permit
  • Faxing & Copying related to Welfare to Work
  • Computer Access for Homework
  • Counselor Visit Meets 1 EOPS/CARE Requirements
  • Academic, career and life workshops
  • Workshops Meet EOPS/CARE Requirements
  • “Coffee Hour” Get-Togethers!
  • Welfare to Work Advocacy
  • Work Study
  • Resources information about:
            • SDCCD Programs
            • Housing
            • Domestic Violence
            • Child Care
            • Legal Services
            • Consumer information
            • Employment (job placement)
            • Health