Career counselors provide the foundation for acquiring the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable you to make a successful transition from school to the world of work. At San Diego City College we strongly encourage all students to first visit with us for a career counseling appointment prior to seeking an educational planning appointment.
YOU NEED A CAREER COUNSELING APPOINTMENT IF
- You have been in college at least 2 years and are still undecided about a career path
- You have decided on a major but don’t know if it fits which your career choice
- Your friends/family/significant other are pressuring you into a career or major choice
- You have so many interests that you just can decide, and are afraid of making the wrong choice
- You are returning to the world of work but feel lost and out of touch
- You want to change your career, but don’t know how
HOW TO MAKE A CAREER COUNSELING APPOINTMENT
- First visit the Counseling office Room A 110 for a 5 to 10 minutes intake assessment
- After a brief discussion with a counselor you may be referred to a 1 hour career counseling appointment
- Most times you are first referred to the Career Center by a counselor for Values Interest Personality and Skills (V.I.P.S). assessment prior to your one hour appointment
- Career counseling appointments can also be conducted in an online session through the college’s online counseling services.
Call (619) 388-3540 or (619) 388-3722 for further details.
Depending on what stage of career development you are in, we expect that you will need more than one session.
online CAREER COACHING SERVICES
Click the icon to learn more!