Career counselors provide the foundation for acquiring the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable you to make a successful transition from school to the world of work. At San Diego City College we strongly encourage all students to first visit with us for a career counseling appointment prior to seeking an educational planning appointment.
YOU NEED A CAREER COUNSELING APPOINTMENT IF
- You have been in college at least 2 years and are still undecided about a career path
- You have decided on a major but don’t know if it fits which your career choice
- Your friends/family/significant other are pressuring you into a career or major choice
- You have so many interests that you just can decide, and are afraid of making the wrong choice
- You are returning to the world of work but feel lost and out of touch
- You want to change your career, but don’t know how
HOW TO MAKE A CAREER COUNSELING APPOINTMENT
- First visit the Counseling office Room M-101 for a 5 to 10 minutes intake assessment
- After a brief discussion with a counselor you may be referred to a 1 hour career counseling appointment
- Most times you are first referred to the Career Center by a counselor for Values Interest Personality and Skills (V.I.P.S). assessment prior to your one hour appointment
- Career counseling appointments can also be conducted in an online session through the college’s online counseling services.
Call (619) 388-3540 or (619) 388-3722 for further details.
Depending on what stage of career development you are in, we expect that you will need more than one session.