Hopefully everyone is having a pleasant and restful summer. The staff of the San Diego City College is looking forward to the return of you and your child.
Please read this page carefully as it contains important information for your child to attend the San Diego City College Child Development Center for the 2014-2015 school year.
For infant and toddler parents, we are planning for the Infant/toddler classrooms to be open Monday -Thursday 7:30am-4:00pm. For preschool parents, all children who are eligible will also be enrolled in our Head Start collaborative. The preschool rooms will be open Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:30pm.
All families are required to be recertified for the fall semester. The center will be open Monday, August 4th through Thursday, August 8th from 8:30am – 10:30am to start the recertification process. You will be meeting with the CDC /Head Start staff. Preschool parents only: Please bring the enrolled child for some parent/child activities that assist the teachers in knowing where your child’s interests and skills are. Please plan on being at the center for a minimum of one hour so those activities can be done. Failure to recertify your child during this time may result in termination from the San Diego City College Child Development Center.
You must bring the following documents to start the recertification process.
1. Income verification for the month of July:
2. Single Head of Household Status Proof
- All payroll check stubs, a letter from the employer or other documentation of wages issued by the employer for the month of July
- Notice of Action or statement from caseworker (CalWORKs, Disability)
- Unemployment award letter
3. Class schedule
- Divorce Decree
- Proof that request for Child Support has been filed, or proof that you have filed to decline child support
- Rental agreement
- Utility Bills for the residence of the family, indication Parent is responsible party
Paperwork will be given to you that you will need to complete and return by Wednesday, August 13th 2014.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Berta Harris, Director
San Diego City College Child Development Center