Summer 2015 Pell Grant
To be eligible to receive a Summer 2015 Pell Grant, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must have a completed financial aid file for the 2014-2015 school year at City College.
- You must not be Disqualified based on the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards for Financial Aid.
- If you were Disqualified for the Fall or Spring semester, you will need to submit a new appeal for the Summer to be considered for a Summer Pell Grant.
- You qualify for a 2014-2015 Federal Pell Grant and you did not receive your full (100%) Pell Grant award for the school year.
- You must enroll in and maintain enrollment in at least one class for the Summer 2015 term at City College. Classes taken at ECC, Mesa and Miramar Colleges will be counted towards your total enrollment as long as you have one class at City College. Classes taken at colleges outside of our District will not be counted.
- You must enroll in all of your summer classes for all summer sessions up front. The Enrollment Freeze Date will be June 19, 2015.
**You will not qualify for a Summer Pell Grant if you do not enroll in any classes at City College**
For the Summer 2015 term, the enrollment status for Financial Aid calculation purposes will be the same as the regular semester enrollment status. The Summer Financial Aid enrollment statuses will be:
||12 or more units |
||9 to 11.5 units |
||6 to 8.5 units |
|Less than ½-time
||Less than 6 units |
We will begin our system processing for Summer Pell Grant before the end of May. If you are a current Pell Grant recipient, our system will automatically determine your eligibility after you enroll for the summer term. You will be able to view your Summer Pell Grant award on Reg-e about two days after you have enrolled if you meet all of the eligibility requirements. You will be sent an updated Award Letter by email showing your summer award.
Important Reminder: Every student’s eligibility is different. Your actual Summer Pell Grant may vary depending on your EFC, your remaining Pell Grant eligibility, your summer enrollment status and your Pell Lifetime Eligibility Used (PLEU).
Changes in your enrollment status will result in a change of your Summer Pell Grant award. It may take a few days before your changes to your Summer Pell award become effective.
Summer 2015 Bookstore Process and disbursements
Depending on your eligibility, a portion of your Summer Pell Grant may be available for use at the San Diego Community College District Bookstores. The maximum amount that will be available at the Bookstore will be $873. You must meet the summer eligibility requirements listed above to be considered for the summer bookstore process.
The Bookstore accounts for Summer 2015 will begin on June 1, 2015.This page was last updated on May 7, 2015.
The Bookstore accounts will be closed on June 19, 2015.
The disbursement process will be run on June 19, 2015.
Summer Pell Grant payments will be mailed and directly deposited on June 29, 2015
Summer Pell Grant payments can be picked up at the Accounting Office on July 1, 2015.
The enrollment freeze date will be June 19, 2015. We will combine your enrollment from all summer sessions to determine your final enrollment status.
Students enrolled in the Cosmetology program for the summer will be paid based on clock hours and not credit hours. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.