What type of Math class should I take?
The Math Center has evolved several programs to help you achieve success in your remedial Math Courses. Math your way! If you want an on-campus structured self-learning course with tutoring, we have it. If you want a one-unit pass/no-pass refresher course, we have it. If you want walk-in tutoring, we have it.
Look at the comparison chart to help you decide which courses will best meet your needs.
On Campus Structured self-learning Courses - MATH 38, 46, 96
- I need a flexible schedule.
- I need to progress more slowly.
- I need to progress more quickly.
- The add deadline has passed or the other courses are closed.
- I am motivated & self-disciplined.
- I need occasional one-on-one help from a tutor.
- Flexible schedule. Open Monday through Friday.
- Self-paced with progress milestones. Complete the course in a few weeks or up to two semesters if you need more time.
- You can add after the normal add deadline until add codes run out.
- Many resources to fit your learning style: textbook, workshops, tutors, videos, step-by-step examples.
- Self-learning course requires more discipline.
- You must meet the on-campus attendance requirements.
- Patience required for access to shared resources.