Part A: Must be a Student
Before completing and returning an interest form, make sure you are a City College student
There are 5 steps to become a student:
1. Apply for admission and financial aid (To apply go to at http://www.sdccd.edu/ Click “Apply Online.)
2. Complete a Math and English placement test. (To make an appointment call: 619-388-3998 or visit the First Year Services office in L-206)
3. Attend a new student orientation and first semester course planning.
a) Complete the Online Orientation, which takes about 90 minutes. Go to www.sdcity.edu and click “Online Services” then click “Online Orientation (Virtual Tour).” Choose one of the three versions:Standard (in English), Español, or Accessible
b) Attend an on-campus orientation session. Your first meeting with a counselor will take place at orientation. Counselors will help you plan your first semester.
*Sign up for orientation through First Year Services by calling 619-388-3998, or in person at L-206.
5. Send previous college transcripts
- If this is not your first time in college, request transcripts from all schools attended after high school, even if prior credits do not appear relevant or if units were taken years ago.
- Verify that your transcripts have arrived by calling Counseling at (619) 388-3540 or go to A-110.
- Request a Transcript Evaluation to start a formal evaluation of your transcripts after all transcripts have arrived. Transcripts are not evaluated automatically.
Part B: Complete Required Documents
The interest form, recommendation form and statement of purpose are all requirements set by the Puente program at City College. Download the following documents and complete them.
Part C: Submit Required Documents
Once you have completed the previous documents collect all three:
- Interest form
- Recommendation form
- Statement of purpose
And submit to either:
a) The Scholar Achievement Center (building L room-L 114)
b) The counseling department (building A room A-110)
c) Mail to: Puente Program
1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92101
Puente Flyer Interest Form
For more information contact: