If you enjoy helping fellow students, while reinforcing your own knowledge and skills, you can pick up an application to become a tutor at the Tutorial/Learning Center, L-205.
- Have a minimum of 12 units of college credit
- Have attained a grade of A or B in course(s) you are interest in tutoring
- Be dependable, patient, and able to work well with diverse student population and staff
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enroll and participate in a mandatory Education 100 - Tutor Training course (1 unit, credit/no credit course, held on 2 Saturdays from 8:00am - 12:30pm, transferable to CSU).
Pick up and complete the application for employment and submit it to our Tutorial/Learning Center at L-205.
(click here to download an application)
After being hired, you will need to complete the following:
- Complete and turn in all hiring paperwork.
- Live Scan Finger Printing (paid by applicant)
- Tuberculosis Skin Test (PPD Skin Test)
- Instructor approval signature to tutor course(s) desired (we will provided a blue form for each subject)
International Student must submit all of the above plus:
- I-20 Form (from Admissions)
- Foreign Passport with US Visa Attached (F-1 Status = work)
- I-94 Form (On Passport ) – (F-1/DS = (Work Until)
- Letter from Admissions authorizing campus employment
- Turn in your Tutoring DVD Summaries
- Receive final approval from the District Office
- Live Scan Finger Printing (should be paid by the applicant)
For more information, you may come in person to L-205 or you can reach us at (619) 388-3685.