Computer Business Technology programs and courses are offered for students needing basic computer literacy skills, students who are preparing to transfer, and for students who are preparing for employment in administrative office positions in all types of business environments. Certificates of Performance, Certificates of Achievement, and Associate in Science Degrees are available to meet a variety of student goals and career paths.
Career/job opportunities available upon completion of each Computer Business Technology option are described in each curriculum section. Some career options may require education beyond the associate degree or certificate.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify computer operating systems functions; define key features of different software applications; and demonstrate how to use a Web browser, and conduct an Internet search.
- Create office documents utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher).
- Analyze work environments, labor force, and organizational types and structures.
- Employ critical thinking as a basis for continual learning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills (soft skills) such as leadership, delegation of authority, accountability, consensus building,communication, conflict resolution, and teambuilding.