Computer Business Technology programs are
offered for both transfer and career-oriented
students. Certificates of Performance, Certificates
of Achievement, and Associate of Science Degrees
are available to students interested in upgrading
computer skills for college success and/or
employment in business office environments.
Career/job opportunities available upon completion
of each Computer Business Technology option are
described in each curriculum section. Some career
options may require education beyond the associate
degree or certificate.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify computer operating systems functions; define key features of different software applications; and demonstrate how to use a Web browser, and conduct an Internet search.
- Create office documents utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher).
- Analyze work environments, labor force, and organizational types and structures.
- Employ critical thinking as a basis for continual learning and problem solving.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills (soft skills) such as leadership, delegation of authority, accountability, consensus building,communication, conflict resolution, and teambuilding.