The Machine Technology program offers a variety of instruction in the process of modern manufacturing. Emphasis is placed on CAD/CAM and C.N.C. technology.
The Machine Technology program prepares students for C.N.C. machining and is also ideal for students who need to upgrade prior machine shop training to comply with the current needs of industry.
CAD/CAM technician, C.N.C. machining technician
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of common safety policies used in modern machining facilities.
- Utilize common measuring instruments to insure projects are within given specifications.
- Solve common machining problems using various mathematical equations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of print reading an symbology.
- Setup machine tools to specification in a give time period.
- Machine projects to specifications using both conventional , and C.N.C. machines Create C.N.C. program using both “hand coding” and CAD/CAM software.
- Create designs, both basic an advance using CAD/CAM software .
- Complete necessary documentation and inspection forms as required.