Puente is a learning community that emphasizes college success and transfer to a four year university.
The Puente Project is an academic preparation program that for more than 25 years has improved the college- going rate of tens of thousands of California's educationally disadvantaged students. The projects mission is to increase the number of educationally disadvantaged students who:
- Enroll in four-year colleges and universities
- Earn college degrees
- Return to the community as mentors and leaders of future generations
- Provide students with a strong academic foundation and the support needed in order to be successful at San Diego City College and beyond.
- Emphasize instruction in leadership and communication skills.
The program is open to students who:
- Are interested in exploring the Latino(a)/Chicano(a) experience.
- Are planning on transferring to a four year university
- Are eligible to enroll in English 47a for the Fall semester.
- Are able to commit to program requirements.
- Are able to be full time students (enrolled in 12 units or more).