Seeds @ city urban farm
Seeds@City Urban Farm is a one-acre working farm located in the heart of downtown San Diego that serves as the outdoor classroom for the Sustainable Urban Agriculture program at San Diego City College. We train young, urban farmers while growing nutritious food for our community, encouraging self-reliance and a thriving local economy.
Established in June 2008, the farm provides students with hands-on experiences necessary for learning the skills of urban farming and is the first––and still only–– program of its kind at an institution of higher education in San Diego County. Our goal is to train the next generation of urban farmers in sustainable agriculture to build a food secure city and region.
At Seeds@City you can:
Help us grow!
- Work toward a career-tech certificate in Sustainable Urban Agriculture to boost your career options or start your own business
- Complete an Associate Degree in Sustainable Urban Agriculture for transfer to a university
- Take urban agriculture classes for your personal development
- Enjoy a beautiful, working farm right on campus
- Purchase local, seasonal produce on campus from our weekly Monday farm stand
- Become a shareholder in our weekly community supported agriculture (CSA) program and take home a bag of fresh seasonal produce every week
In order to sustain our farm––our AGRI program's outdoor classroom––funding is needed to continue to provide high-quality, year-round crop production and maintenance, as well as to purchase seeds, supplies, and other farming equipment and tools on an ongoing basis. To meet the student demand for classes in our one-of-a-kind sustainable urban agriculture program additional funding is needed.
CLICK HERE to find out how you can support Seeds@City!
Sign up for our weekly email newsletter and stay updated with Seeds@City Urban Farm and the Sustainable Urban Agriculture Program: CLICK HERE.
Or, follow us on Facebook!