- Ability to format text using the toolbar.
- Select header formatting from the 'Paragraph Style' drop down in the toolbar.
- Add: last updated: 01/01/11 to bottom of page.
- Enter your text, then highlight it.
- Select the Hyperlink Manager icon from the toolbar (globe with the paperclip, top right).
- Enter the full URL if linking to a page.
- Select the 'Hyperlink' icon to link to a file (directly to right of URL input box).
- Set the target.
None = Same window. Best for linking to other pages on the City site.
New Window = New window. Best for linking to documents and external URL's (ie Google).
- Select the 'Image Manager' icon (top row of toolbar, mountains with sun).
- Upload / Select your image.
- Right click on the image and select 'Properties'.
- Change width and height (be sure to lock the paperclip to keep image proportional.
- Add alt text: a couple words to describe your image. Will not show up for page, used for accessibility.
- Select Alignment.
- Add 'Margin' to give image breathing room from rest of content.
- Go to your video on Youtube, Vimeo, Howcast, etc.
- Copy the embed code (usually found as a button somewhere near the video player controls).
- Go back to the page you'd like to add the video on the City site.
- Switch over to HTML view (option found in bottom left of editor).
- Past the embed code and hit save.
For more information on updating the calendar, head here