Our tutors create a positive, supportive, and understanding environment to foster confidence and growth in mastering math concepts and solving math problems, at no cost to students. We celebrate challenges and opportunities. Our goal is to help students improve their grades and maximize their success.
- Free math tutoring
- Refresher courses
- Computer access for mathematics only
- Weekly mathematics workshops
- Study groups
- A separate Statistics "Statland" tutoring/study area
Math Center Location and Hours
Contact us: 619-388-3580 Email: email@example.com
Hours: Monday - Thursday: 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Saturday, Sunday and District Holidays: Closed
As of Saturday, March 14, 2020:
Face-to-Face Tutoring in unavailable in the Math Center until further notice.
For FREE online tutoring services, please go to the URL below:
The Math Center currently offers 12-week Pass/No Pass self-learning refresher courses
for Pre-Algebra (15A), Introductory Algebra & Geometry (15B) and Intermediate Algebra
& Geometry (15C).
We also offer computer access to math software, areas to do math homework with access to tutors for all math levels, and quiet areas to take make-up exams.
At the tutoring center, we have all of this to help you.
- A 45 workstation main computer lab offering limited access to selected math-related websites
- Virtual TI-84 Graphing Calculators
- Faculty generated test proctoring services
- A smaller workroom where we hold weekly developmental math workshops
- A quiet study area for students looking for a distraction-free environment
- A separate STATISTICS tutorial/study area "Statland" with 10 MAC workstations
Test Proctoring Services
The Math Center offers test proctoring services to Faculty.
Students must start and complete their exams within the time slots listed below. Please check back periodically for any changes made to the schedule.
- Monday - Thursday 9:45 AM - 5:45 PM (Test must be completed by 5:45 PM)
- Friday 9:45 AM - 2:15 PM (Test must be completed by 2:15 PM)
Practice Final Exams
Tracey Kiser - Math Center Coordinator email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Woodward - Math Center Manager email: email@example.com
Charles Garcia - Front Desk Supervisor
Dina Perez Chang - Front Desk Supervisor
Ivonne Arriaga - Front Desk Supervisor
William Mendoza - Front Desk Supervisor
Carlos de la Lama - Math Department Chair
Paul Young - Math Faculty/ Math Department Co-Chair
Nick Slinglend - Math Faculty/Math Department Co-Chair
Engineering, Technologies, Math, Science, and Nursing
Randy Barnes - Dean