WELCOME TO THE SAN DIEGO CITY COLLEGE (SDCC) ACADEMIC SENATE
Contact us at (619) 388-3578 in room MS 151.
Office Assistant: Eddie Meixueiro email@example.com
2018 - 2019 SDCC ACADEMIC SENATE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
President: Jan Jarrell firstname.lastname@example.org (619) 388-3962
Past-President: Justin Akers email@example.com (619) 388-3181
President of the Chairs Cabinet: Nadia Mandilawi firstname.lastname@example.org (619) 388-3420
Secretary: Mona Alsoraimi-Espiritu email@example.com (619) 388-4336
Treasurer: Masahiro Omae firstname.lastname@example.org (619) 388-3747
Adjunct Officer: Alan Rivera email@example.com
Curriculum Review Committee Chair: Jen Boots firstname.lastname@example.org (619) 388-3264
2018-2019 SDCC ACADEMIC SENATE MEETING DATES
- Academic Senate General Meetings at 2:30 in Room MS 140: 9/10, 9/24, 10/8, 10/22, 11/5, 11/26, 12/10.
- Academic Senate Executive Committee Meetings, Room MS 151: days and times will vary:8/27 (2:30), 9/17 (3:30), 10/1(2:30), 10/15 (3:30), 10/29(3:30), 11/9 (Friday, 9:30), 12/3 (3:30).
- Academic Senate General Meetings at 2:30 in Room MS 140: 2/11, 2/25, 3/11, 4/1, 4/15, 4/29, 5/13.
- Academic Senate Executive Committee Meetings, Room MS 151: days and times will vary: 2/4 (3:30), 2/14 (THUR, 8:30 AM), 3/4 (3:30), 3/18 (2:30), 4/8 (3:30), 4/22 (2:30), 5/6 (3:30 ).
COMMITTEE INFORMATION: THE APPOINTMENT PROCESS
Faculty representation on committees is a vital part of shared governance. The SDCC
Academic Senate has a Committee on Committees that appoints faculty to committees
at the campus, district, or other affiliate level, which includes appointments to
ad-hoc committees and to hiring committees for positions other than faculty. Per the
Senate Bylaws, membership in newly-established committees as well as vacancies on
existing committees are to be filled in this manner. A log of committee appointments
is kept by the Academic Senate Secretary.
- ATTENTION: FACULTY HIRING COMMITTEES: The department chair responsible for the faculty position being filled is responsible for completing this form: Request for Academic Senate Review of Faculty Assigned to a Hiring Committee. Please have faculty interested in being on a hiring committee contact whomever is recruiting for that hiring committee (dean, chair of hiring committee, department chair, other designee) in order to be considered for the committee. The Academic Senate Committee on Committees will review the final list as submitted by the department chair of the faculty position in question.
- For those heads of committees (including search committees for positions other than faculty hires) seeking faculty appointees, go to our Committee Request Form to initiate the recruitment process. The Committee on Committees intends to fill your request within about 2 weeks of your initial request date. A solicitation notice with the information you've included on the form will be sent to all City College faculty via email, usually on Mondays (holidays excepted).
- For faculty wishing to be appointed to a committee (other than to a faculty hiring committee-- see above), watch for emails announcing the request for faculty to fill committee appointments. Usually these will go out on Mondays, except holidays. A link to a Google form application will be included in the email for you to complete and submit electronically, usually due by the end of the same week on Friday at 5:00 p.m. A decision should be made by the Committee on Committees within a week of the Google form application's due date.
SDCC ACADEMIC SENATE STANDING COMMITTEES
Curriculum Review Committee:
Chair: Jennifer Boots
Distance Learning Committee:
Co-Chairs: Aileen Gum and David King
Members: Monica Hernandez, John Mercurio, Andrea Milburn (sabbatical), Pamela Moses; Sandra Pesce, Carolyn Thomas.
Chair: Erin Engstrom
Members: Robert Kostlan
Professional Advancement Committee:
Chair: Lisa Will
Members: Guillermo Alvarez, Cassondra Caesar, Sheylia Castillo, Virginia Escalante, Aileen Gum, M. Shane Haggard, LeeAnn Taylor
SDCC ACADEMIC SENATE MEMBERSHIP REPRESENTATION
| At-Large - Doc (Juan) Rivera
| Apprenticeship - (Representation is vacant)
| Behavioral Sciences - Marie St. George
| Black Studies - Darius Spearman
| Business Studies- Tania Serhan
| Chicana/Chicano Studies - (Representation is Vacant)
| Communications - Erin Engstrom
| Consumer and Family Studies
(Child Development/Education) - Berta Harris
| Cosmetology - Patricia Grooms-Jones
| Counseling - Luis Perez
| Educational Cultural Complex #1 (Representation is Vacant)
| Educational Cultural Complex #2 (Representation is Vacant)
| Engineering and Technologies - Bob Pruitt
| English and Humanities - Michelle Chan
| Health Exercise Sciences - Paul Greer
| History/Political Science - Pete Haro
| Information Technology - Richard Pelletier
|Languages - Philippe Patto|
| Learning Resource Center - Sandra Pesce
|Life Sciences - Kevin Jagnandan|
| Mathematics - Brenda Long
| Nursing Education - Anita Johnson
|Physical Sciences - Gerardo Scappaticci|
| Visual/Performing Arts - Katie Rodda
|SCHOOLS (ADJUNCT REPRESENTATIVES)
| Arts, Humanities and Communications - (Representation is Vacant)
| Behavioral & Social Sciences, and Consumer and Family Studies - Jill Green
| Business, Information Technology and Cosmetology - (Representation is Vacant )
| Engineering & Technologies, Mathematics, Sciences and Nursing - Sherry Nouraini
| Health, Exercise Sciences and Athletics - Alan Rivera
| Off Campus Programs - (Representation is Vacant)