Step Up To Live Well at San Diego City College was created with the vision of a healthier, safer, and thriving campus community. With that said, we challenge YOU to join us in a movement towards wellness. Take part in our 30-Day Wellness Photo Challenge
You must be wondering: “How will my participation in this challenge help improve my health and wellness?” or "What's in it for me?"
We are so glad you asked!
The first step to improving health is awareness. We challenge the campus community to take note of the many aspects of their lives that contribute to their wellness. Get excited, because it’s going to be one of those times in your life where you look back and say,
"That's when I reflected upon my health and overall well-being while inspiring others to do the same…AND it was FUN!
MOVE your bodies and CONNECT with your campus community! There is no maximum in how many photos you can submit. The most important thing is to have fun and be healthy! We encourage creativity. Take a selfie while you play with your nieces and nephews! Take photos of you walking your dog! Share your healthy morning breakfast ritual. Wellness is so much more than just going to the gym and eating a salad (but of course you can take photos of that too!!).
HERE's WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
You have an opportunity to win prizes with each photo entry you tag with #stepupfor30days & #stepuptolivewell. Prizes? YES prizes! We will give away a Swag bag of prizes each week! FOLLOW US on Instagram and Like us on Facebook NOW to find out what kinds of prizes we are giving away!
You cannot post just ANY photo, of course! You must post a photo that represents something healthy you did that day. Not sure what might count? NO PROBLEM! We've created 30 prompts for each day of the challenge (see right panel of the poster above) in case you need an idea for what to post. Whether you use these prompts or not, we would love to see how you STEP UP TO LIVE WELL!
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA/PHOTO CHALLENGE RULES:
ALL participants must meet ALL of the following requirements to qualify for weekly opportunity drawings and Grand Prize drawing:
The participant must...
1) Follow @Stepuptolivewell on Instagram from the day of their first post until the end of the photo challenge OR Like 'Step Up To Live Well' at San Diego City College on Facebook from the day of their first post until the end of the photo challenge OR If you are faculty/staff and wish to submit your entries through email: email your photo email@example.com.
***You also have an option of sending your photo submission (with caption) to firstname.lastname@example.org. By sending your photos to Step Up To Live Well, San Diego City College, you are giving permission to Step Up To Live Well's employees and affiliates to post or display your photo entry onto public platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, sdcity.edu website, and/or the Health and Wellness Fair on the San Diego City College campus.***
2) Post a photo in their personal or professional lives that represent wellness OR post a photo related to the promotion of health, fitness, and overall mental well-being in their lives. A caption should be included describing the photo.
3) Hashtag each submitted photo with #stepupfor30days AND #stepuptolivewell (OPTION TO TAG INSTAGRAM PHOTOS WITH @stepuptolivewell)
4) Be a current San Diego City College student, faculty member, or staff member
5) Submit their photo(s) within the following dates: March 8, 2016 through April 6, 2016