CalWORKS/TANF Believe Program -
Training, Education and Services
The CalWORKs Believe Program offers support services to students who receive TANF/CalWORKs benefits. Specialized services have been designed to support students in their career, education and personal goals. The program also helps students understand and meet their Welfare-to-Work requirements. Services include vocational/academic counseling, job placement, work study placement and verification of Welfare-to-Work hours. For additional information contact the CalWORKs Believe office at (619) 388-3797 or stop by A-354.
Mission Statement, Shared Values: Shared Vision & Strategic Goals:
CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity & Responsibility to Kids) is a statewide program that assists students who are receiving TANF/cash aid and are participants in the Welfare-to-Work program. Our program's name is called Believe, as we believe our students can overcome any barrier & obstacle that comes their way. Our counselors and staff empower students to achieve their academic, career and personal goals.
- Academic, career and personal counseling
- Work study (campus employment that will not affect your cash aid)
- Early class enrollment
- Student success workshops
- Campus Resources and Referral
- ITP and Book Request
- CalWORKs Break Activities
- School supplies your first term at the college (backpack, notebook paper, flash-drive, etc.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- The "Believe" CalWORKs program will provide comprehensive educational plans through counseling academic advising sessions with faculty to Believe Participants in addition to Individual Training Plan documentation for county aid.
- "Believe" CalWORKs students will be provided work study and job placement opportunities to support efforts towards self-sufficiency.
- Through the efforts of the "Believe" CalWORKs program, students will have access to employment skills training with campus and community partners.
CalWORKS Believe Team Contacts
San Diego City College CalWORKs team is here to support you. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us.
Program Coordinator / Counselor
Mariam Mena email@example.com
Yanira Rodriguez firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Address and Contact
Address: San Diego City College CalWORKs Believe Program
1313 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101 Room A-354
Contact Phone: (619) 388-3797
Fax: (619) 388-3782
Contact Email: email@example.com
- Monday 8:00a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 8:00a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 8:00a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Thursday 8:00a.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00a.m.-3:00 p.m.