Events and Workshops are ONLINE!
To promote the personal and academic success of the student body, the Mental Health Counseling Center hosts events throughout the academic year. In light of the campus closure, we have moved to online offerings.
Note: In order to hold a safe place, events are open to current City College students only. You will be asked for your student ID number.
Upcoming online events:
Join the mental health peer educators and Active Minds chapter leaders for daily unstructured social hours. Come together to learn, laugh, and engage in conversation! Zoom Meeting ID: 935-5008-4744
- Mondays: 12pm-1pm
- Tuesdays: 5pm-6pm
- Wednesdays: 4pm-5pm
- Thursdays: 3pm-4pm
- Fridays: 11am-12pm
- Monday 12:00-1:00 "Viviendo con Positividad" ("Inner Happiness") Includes: positive psychology, reframing thoughts, mindfulness, healthy relationships with self and others. SPANISH -Diana & Zaira
- Tuesday 11:00-12:00 "Mindful Self Compassion" Includes: creating structure and routine in a time where there is none, mindfulness, self-compassion. -Hannah & Stefanie
- Friday 11:30-12:30 "Connecting during Quarantine" Open to individuals, couples, and families. Includes: creating a routine, ideas for self-care, fostering healthy relationships with self/whoever they live with/families that are apart, connecting with others, ideas for activities whether someone lives alone or with others, DIY included -Myles & Dana
- Wellness Workshop: Grief 4/15 1:00-2:30 -Diana & Stefanie
- Wellness Workshop: Acculturative Stress 1:00-2:30 4/29 -Diana & Stefanie
- Wellness Workshop: Supports 5/13 1:00-2:30 -Diana & Stefanie
- Students of Color dealing with COVID-19 days/times TBD -Toni & Zaira
Groups/workshops and events change often. You can check back here, follow our Active Minds club on Instagram, our Mental Health Peer Educators on Instagram, or follow us on Facebook to hear about them first!
Coming soon: San Diego City College Mental Health YouTube Channel...