OUR MISSION FOR 2015-2016:
The mission of Instructional Services is to provide high quality instructional programs that promote student learning and success. The Office of Instruction ensures the timely and accurate development of the class schedule, catalog production, curriculum building, program planning, and professional development for faculty and staff, as well as ensuring compliance with state, federal, and local regulations and policies. Instructional Services accomplishes its mission through clear and effective communication and coordination with College and District administrators, faculty and staff, and with external agencies.
For information about the Office of Instruction, contact Interim Vice President Renee Kilmer at (619) 388-3523, or Michelle Johnson (Administrative Secretary, Office of Instruction) at (619) 388-3523.
Our Goals for 2015-2016:
In accord with the college’s mission and institutional priorities, Instructional Services has as its goals:
- Provide lower division and general education courses that lead to Certificates, Associate Degrees, and/or transfer to a four year college or university.
- Develop career technical education programs that meet specific industry and community needs, upgrade the employment skills of students, and fulfill license requirements of the state of California as well as contribute to the economic development of our region.
- Offer basic skills instruction to assist students in meeting their educational goals.
- Maintain essential instructional support for all students.
- Use technology and information to support instruction, communication, and decision making.
- Maintain the integrity of academic programs in an environment of continuous regulatory and fiscal change.
- Develop a creative range of programs to promote environmental, cultural, physical, political, and economic sustainability.
- Recruit and maintain faculty and staff that reflect the diversity of our student population.