We encourage prospective & continuing F-1 students interested in additional visa information, to visit
- An international student is required to maintain a full-time course load (minimum of 12 units) and make satisfactory progress each semester while at City College. The registration status and academic performance of all international students will be monitored through out the semester by the college and reported via SEVIS.
- A recent photograph must be submitted with an application (passport size is acceptable).
- Prospective international students are advised that they must comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and San Diego City College to be admitted as international students.
- A transfer student from another accredited United States college or university must:
- Complete the application for international student;
- Submit all supporting documents;
- Have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (C) at the college the student was last authorized to attend. An official transcript must be filed, and;
- Follow set transfer procedures of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Restriction on Aviation Program. The Federal government prohibits all F-visa (F-1, F-2 and F-3) students from enrolling in any Aviation Maintenance Technology (AVIM) and/or Aviation Operations (AVIA) classes and programs. No exceptions will be made. Student enrollment is monitored and students will be administratively dropped.
The Department of State website: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov