Why help support Seeds@City?
Seeds@City has grown to be a downtown community and San Diego Community College District treasure; a working farm, as well as––since 2010––the outdoor classroom for City's sustainable urban agriculture (AGRI) program. We would not still be here without the efforts of each and every one of you who've been involved in this program over the years.
In order to sustain our farm––our AGRI program's outdoor classroom––funding is needed to continue to provide high-quality, year-round crop production and maintenance, as well as to purchase seeds, supplies, and other farming equipment and tools on an ongoing basis. To meet the student demand for classes in our one-of-a-kind sustainable urban agriculture program additional funding is needed.
How you can help
Help Seeds@City Urban Farm Grow!!!
We need items as small as spray bottles and as large as a tiller, as well as funds to help us with ongoing administrative costs. We have an Amazon wishlist which includes many of the supplies we need. There’s also a list below of items that cannot be purchased through Amazon. You can also provide a traditional cash donation. Information about how to donate is below.
WAYS TO GIVE
- Donate tangible items (like tools, general supplies, and equipment) through our Amazon Wishlist. (Prices of items range from $3.00 to $1,900.00. Amazon Wishlist allows you to purchase the item online and have it sent directly to us).: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/U1YL095ZD8WJ
- Mail a check made out to San Diego City College Foundation (please include "Seeds@City donation" on the note line), and mail to: San Diego City College, Seeds@City Urban Farm, 1313 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
- Come and visit us, or donate via cash, check, or tangible item from our wishlist.
- We also offer faculty and staff the option to become an on-going Seeds@City Benefactor by donating each month via automatic payroll deduction for an amount of your choice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a automatic deduction donor card.
ITEMS WE REALLY NEED
- Pick up truck - This would be shared between Seeds@City Urban Farm and the City College Athletics Department, since they have a place for us to store it, and each of our departments only need it for periodic use.
- Trailer to attach to pick up truck - For compost transportation and storage.
- Rototiller - Listed in our Amazon wishlist, but a used, donated or loaned rototiller would work!
- Tools - Used tools in good condition are always welcome.
- Valleys Best – Nutrient packed compost from San Pasqual Valley Soils ($783.50 – includes delivery for 30 cubic yards)
- Greenhouse irrigation system (estimated cost: $400.00)
If you have another way you would like to donate that's not on the list, please contact email@example.com.
The farm is under the umbrella of the San Diego City College Foundation, a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization.
Past Major supporters
Alchemy Cultural Fare & Cocktails
Roberta Alexander, Professer Emeritus, San Diego City College
California Rare Fruit Growers, San Diego Chapter
Walter & Marianne Egger
Michael Leboffe, Biology Professor, San Diego City College
Mission Hills Garden Club
Patagonia (Cardiff store)
Ripe North Park
The Rose Wine Bar
Phil Noble & Sage Mountain Farm
San Diego City College Foundation
Slow Food Urban San Diego
Adam Taylor, former Seeds@City apprentice
Whole Foods Market (Hillcrest store)
Wild By Nature
last updated: 8/13/15