Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius
Gathering occupational information is an important step in the career planning process. This information includes employment outlook, salary, related occupations, education and training, and job duties. Students are expected and encouraged to identify resources that can assist with the following:
Use the Career Resource Worksheet on this site to help organize the information you gathered. Once you have gathered sufficient information, you should make a follow up career counseling appointment.
- Learning about majors and careers related to one's interests
- Learning about academic and career entrance requirements
- Investigating education and required training
- Planning academic and career alternatives
- Learning job market trends