The Child Development Center offers an educational program for children six weeks to five years old. Priority of enrollment is given to children of parents attending classes at City College. Parents must participate at the center each semester their child is enrolled
Primary application periods are:
the first two full weeks in May for fall enrollment.
the first two full weeks in December for spring enrollment.
Waiting List Applications are available from December 1 - 11, 2015 ELIGIBILITY:
Priority is given to families that meet the California Department of Education guidelines for low income based on family size (proof of income must be verified) . Preschool children must be 3 or 4 years of age by September 1, 2015 .
A limited amount of space is available for younger children at all three sites.
Only City College CDC serves infants .
Priority is given to students enrolled in the San Diego Community College District SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION: Bring the following documents to the center you wish your child to attend:
Single Status must be verified through one of the following documents:
- Proof of Income for all household members .
- ANF/CalWORKs verification (Notice of Action) .
- Payroll check stubs within last 30 days .
- Unemployment and/or Disability ?
- Immunization records for the child enrolling ?
- Verification of Family Size .
- List of all family living in household .
- Birth certificate for all children in the home under the age of 18 .
- Divorce Papers
- Custody Agreement
- Proof that you filed for child support or executed documents with agency declining to file for child support
- Rental agreement or utility bill with current address San Diego City College CDC: (619)388-3205
The first two weeks of December will provide the next opportunity to get on a wait list for spring semester for all ages. To get on the wait list the following documents must be brought to the Child Development Center: birth certificates for all children in the household, verification of November income or financial assistance, w-2 from 2014, immunization record for child to be put on the wiat list, and verification of single status for single parents.
The Center is located at 16th and B streets. For additional information, call (619) 388-3205 or drop by (License Numbers 370805154 and 370806172).
The City College Child Development Center provides a supportive environment for children and for early education and care professionals and We provide an extended family that acknowledges and respects the diversity of the families and students we serve.
Children enrolled at the Child Development Center take field trips to places of interest on campus, in East Village ., and in the larger community