San Diego City College Child Development Center
OPEN APPLICATION FOR WAITING LIST
(Preliminary application period for ranking & determining Child Development Center eligibility)
SPRING 2015 SEMESTER
Monday, December 1, 2014 - Friday, December 12, 2014
7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Family Eligibility and Enrollment Procedures
We are required to prioritize all families according to the State of California’s admission policies and procedures.
Priority (Ranking) is based on income, need, date of preliminary application, space available and enrollment in
classes at the San Diego Community College District. First priority is for children in Child Protective Services;
second priority is for eligible four year old children followed by children in families with
the lowest per capita income.
The following documents are required to apply for enrollment consideration (waiting list):
1. Child's immunization record
2. Current proof of family's gross monthly income (one month’s worth of payroll stubs, notice of action for families on CalWORKs
or documentation of monthly child support, financial aid, etc.)
City College Child Development Center Facts:
• Children must be between 6 weeks and 5 years old (no kindergarteners).
• One parent/legal guardian must be a student at City College, enrolled in at least 6 units for
spring semester, and enroll in the 2 unit designated parent education course
• Child Development Center days and hours of operation for spring will be Monday – Friday
7:30am – 4:30pm, preschool and Monday – Thursday 7:30am-4:00pm, infants and
toddlers. All children must have a current physical examination form on file before
• All children must have age appropriate immunizations before enrollment.
• All required paperwork must be submitted before enrollment.
• There is a sliding fee scale for services. There may be a fee for childcare services based
on the family's gross monthly income and family size.
• Hours of childcare are based on need, and/or eligibility
Neighborhood House Association, Head Start is a collaboration partner with San Diego City College Child
Development Center. All preschool children eligible for Head Start must be enrolled in both programs.