The Math Center has ongoing needs for the following positions:
- If you are interested in working in the Math Center as a tutor please contact Kate Woodward or come into the Math Center L - 208.
- If you are interested in working in the Tutorial Learning Center or working as a Supplemental Instruction Tutor (S.I.) Tutor please click here or go to the Tutoring Center L - 205.
Math Tutor – all math levels and Statistics
The Math Center offers on-demand tutoring for Math Center refresher class students, walk-in students from lecture classes and online courses who need help in all levels of math and statistics. Tutors who show initiative and leadership qualities may be invited to train for Supervisor positions. The Math Center is about full service to the students. If hired, you will be part of a support team. Your duties will include learning the front counter stations as well as tutoring. These stations are check in/out and student support. Hiring priority will be given to applicants who can tutor statistics as well as higher levels of math.
- Extremely reliable and a team player with excellent communication skills
- Must be culturally competent, have sensitivity to and understanding of diverse cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty
- Ability to tutor math through Calculus II (or higher), as well as, Elementary Statistics
- All City College tutors are required to take a one-unit tutor training course, Education 100, listed in the class schedule
EDUCATION 100 COURSE:
The class meets twice during the semester for training. There are ongoing assignments throughout the semester, such as observing and being observed by other tutors. To add the class refer to the City College Class Schedule.
There are several opportunities available to students who are awarded a work study grant.
Check with the financial aid office for additional information.