DSPS provides services and courses to support students with disabilities in the achievement of their academic and vocational goals. The instructional component promotes equal participation in mainstream academic programs through preparatory and skill maintenance courses, and offers courses for personal growth.
The mission of the DSPS Department at City College is to provide services and programs to facilitate independence and self-advocacy , and to represent the concerns of students with disabilities at the campus, district and state levels.
City College Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) Receives Outstanding Agency Award
City College DSPS 1313 Park Blvd. Room A115 San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 388-3513 (619) 388-3801 (FAX) (619) 388-3313 TTY
Disability Support Programs and Services (DSPS) assists the College in meeting requirements of the ADAA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Student participation in the DSPS program is voluntary. Students may also use the College Section 504 Officer for accommodation services or concerns about accommodations. Contact the Vice President of Student Services at 619-388-3464.
Verified students with disabilities that participate in DSPS services at City College will meet the following student learning outcomes will:
- identify, through an interactive process with a DSPS Counselor Specialist, individual academic limitations and the appropriate accommodations for student success.
- explore and use various disability management strategies that impact academic success.
- develop and update an ongoing Student Educational Contract (SEC) once a semester with a DSPS Counselor Specialist.
- understand the legal rights and responsibilities for students with disabilities and know how to file a complaint/concern or grievance if access or accommodations are denied.
We want to hear from you!
Please share your feedback on the services that you have received from the DSPS department.Complete this quick survey so that we can continue to improve our services. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Click here to take survey