ATTENTION ALL CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Thank you for your interest in the San Diego City College Internatianal Student Program. Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the San Diego Community College District has moved toward the overall closure of in-person operations. Please be advised in response to significant worldwide challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic, including the Department of State's temporary suspension of routine visa services at all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, and in an abundance of caution while social distancing measures are in effect, we are unable to accomodate international students seeking admission/residing outside of the United States or those who are requesting a change of status.
If you have any questions about the international admissions process, requirements or deadlines. An international student services representative is available to assist you remotely. See our contact information at the end of the page.
San Diego City College is certified to accept nonimmigrant F-1 visa students. Acceptance into a program at the college is necessary before Immigration and Naturalization Service Form I-20 (certificate of eligibility) is issued by the college Admissions Office. The decision to grant admissions into college as F-1 will be based on all evidence received prior by the deadlines. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants who applied by the deadline will be notified within 4 weeks of their admissions status.
Your completed application must arrive in our office by:
ADMISSION FOR FALL 2020 SEMESTER
- FALL 2020 Applications will be accepted between April 1-June 1, 2020.
Fall 2020 Semester Classes Start: August 17, 2020
- SPRING 2020 Applications will be accepted between September 1- October 15, 2020 Spring 2021 Semester Classes Start: February 1, 2021
Please mail completed application forms and required documents including a non-refundable application fee of $100 to the following address:
San Diego City College
International Student Admissions, A-241
1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92101
- An international student is required to maintain a full-time course load (minimum of 12 units) and make satisfactory progress each semester while at City College. The registration status and academic performance of all international students will be monitored through out the semester by the college and reported via SEVIS.
- A recent photograph must be submitted with an application (passport size is acceptable).
- Prospective international students are advised that they must comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and San Diego City College to be admitted as international students.
- A transfer student from another accredited United States college or university must:
- Complete the application for international student;
- Submit all supporting documents;
- Have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (C) at the college the student was last authorized to attend. An official transcript must be filed, and;
- Follow set transfer procedures of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Restriction on Aviation Program. The Federal government prohibits all F-visa (F-1, F-2 and F-3) students from enrolling in any Aviation Maintenance Technology (AVIM) and/or Aviation Operations (AVIA) classes and programs. No exceptions will be made. Student enrollment is monitored and students will be administratively dropped.
We encourage prospective & continuing F-1 students interested in additional visa information, to visit The Department of State website: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov
Enrollment Services, Admissions