Online Tutoring Enrollment
YOU MUST ENROLL TO ACCESS ONLINE TUTORING
- Be sure that you are officially enrolled in courses at San Diego City College before submitting your request.
- Processing your online tutoring enrollment request may take up to two business days during the current semester.
- Enrollment is one-time only. Once enrolled, you can use online English tutoring as much as you like---for free!
- You will know you are enrolled when you see the English Center Online Tutoring link in Blackboard under 'My Organizations'.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with you name and CSID.
Live Online Tutoring
Peer-to-peer individual and group online tutoring may be available to students who
have an SI, or in-class, tutor assigned to their cource. Speak with your tutor for
details on how you may be able to take advantage of this service.
Some courses, such as Philosophy, do have tutors who hold drop-in hours. Contact our Front Desk staff for details at (619) 388-3633.
You will need your SDCCD Blackboard account to receive online tutoring.
Submit a Paper
Submit your paper online via Blackboard and receive feedback from a tutor within 48 business hours.
TO SUBMIT A PAPER:
2. Log into Blackboard.
3. Click the English Center Online Tutoring Paper Submission file
4. Answer the instruction questions in the Comments window
5. Submit your paper (in PDF format only)
6. Check "My Grades" within 24-48 business hours for feedback on your paper
REVIEWED AND ARCHIVED PAPERS
Blackboard keeps an archive of every paper you have submitted, and you can download or view any submitted assignment at any time under the "My Grades" link in the Blackboard Organization menu.
*To save your Word document in .PDF format, click 'Save As' and choose the .PDF file format.
Ask a Quick Question
If you do not have a paper to review, use Blackboard to ask a quick question and receive an answer within 24 business hours.
TO ASK A QUESTION:
2. Click on the English Center Quick Question file
3. Ask a Question using the "Write Submission" text box
4. Check "My Grades" in 24 business hours for a reply
Blackboard keeps an archive of all asked and answered questions, and your question should be addressed within 24 business hours.
Worldwide Whiteboard Log-In Instructions
If you are working with your SI tutor online, take the following steps to get to the WorldWide Whiteboard page.
2. Click the English Center Online Tutoring link, which you'll find under 'Organizations' in Blackboard.
3. Click the World Wide Whiteboard Link - Click Here link.
4. Manage any Security Warnings that pop up.
5. Once the Whiteboard page opens, click on the room assigned by your tutor.