Engage, Educate, Empower
The City College MESA (Math, Engineering, Science Achievement) Program is the best academic support and transfer program for students in Math, Engineering and Science majors. The secret is "culture"! The MESA program has an explicit culture of success, with a language of success. More than a program or community, MESA is family, with shared beliefs, practices, and behaviors designed for student success - and the students are the best part of the MESA family! MESA students are Creators - master fighters! They take responsibility for their learning and achieve success.
The MESA Program has a Center – a home on campus where MESA Creators get the help and support they need to be successful in college, including:
- Tutoring for math, science and engineering classes
- Counseling to help students choose their classes and get the services they need
- FREE Resources for students to use like class textbooks, computers and calculators
- Scholarship Information and help to apply for scholarships (money!)
- Connections to Industry to meet professionals, learn about companies and careers, and get internships to gain industry experience
- And much, much more …
But the BEST part of the MESA Program is the MESA students! MESA Creators have common majors, common classes and common interests. They take pride in being MESA Creators, they truly care about each other, and they support each other to be successful.
Learn more about the MESA Program in the following "welcome" video for new MESA students, featuring 2011-2012 MESA Students of the Year Jose Luis Ramirez and Angelica Rojas-Colin.
Do you have what it takes to be a MESA Creator?
The MESA Program has high expectations for MESA students. MESA does not question a student's potential. All students have great potential. Instead, MESA has two questions for any student wishing to be a part of the MESA culture:
- How committed are YOU to achieving YOUR goals?
- How strong is YOUR "foundation for learning"?
Commitment - VicTim or Creator?