Welcome to City College: San Diego Promise
The San Diego Promise is a two-year completion program for recent high school graduates enrolled full-time (12 units per semester during Fall and Spring). The program provides up to two years of free tuition and health fees to eligible students. Participation in the Promise program comes with a variety of benefits: access to a peer mentor, specialized counseling and guidance support, and additional campus engagement opportunities.
Why the San Diego Promise at City?
Students participating in the San Diego Promise will receive the following:
- Up to two years of FREE tuition and health fees (Covered for Fall and Spring. Note: Student Parking, Semester Pass, and Student Rep Fees are NOT included).
- Individualized counseling and guidance support to help you complete your educational goals.
- Assigned Peer Mentors.
- Book grants for eligible students (Dependent upon student's financial need).
Find out if you are eligible to obtain up to TWO YEARS TUITION FREE!
Who can receive the San Diego Promise? (Click Here)
Program Eligibility Requirements
*Student who completed college courses while in high school are eligible
To find out if you may qualify to participate in the San Diego Promise, please contact us via email us at email@example.com or call us at 619.800.3464
Program Requierements (Click Here)
*Students that meet the program requirements in their first year may be eligible for a second year
Get Started: Apply Now! (Click Here)
Class of 2021 High School Graduates:
Students complete steps 1-4 by June 11 for priority registration and admission to
Interested students must first complete a Fall 2021 Admissions application to San Diego City College at sdccd.edu/apply.
Complete a 2021-2022 financial aid application (FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov or the California Dream Act at dream.csac.ca.gov). Students should submit a financial aid application as soon as possible using the school code for the college they will be attending in the fall.
San Diego City College School Code for FAFSA or California Dream Act applications:
Interested students must complete a Promise application for the 2021-2022 academic school year. Promise applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are due by August 23, 2021. Students must only submit one Promise application. Submitting duplicate applications may delay the processing time of their application.
Note: We will be communicating with students primarily through the email address provided on their SDCCD admissions application. In addition, all email communication will be available to be view via their message center in their mySDCCD portal. Any pending items related to their Promise application will appear on their To-Do-List in their mySDCCD portal.
Complete an online new student orientation and meet with a college counselor to develop an education plan (a roadmap to graduation) as soon as possible.
Questions about completing the new student orientation and education plan, contact us for support at 619.800.3464
Students must sign a Promise contract online and attend a Virtual Promise orientation to secure their space in the program.
Information regarding the Promise contract and Promise orientation will be provided to students on a rolling basis starting May 1, 2021.
Students must register for a minimum of 12 units by September 7, 2021.
Students that do no register in a minimum of 12 units by September 7, 2021 will be dismissed from the program, with the exception of students that have DSPS accommodation on file.
Get Support & Connect with Us: Prospective & Current Promise Students
Live Support Hours with Zoom Links Included (Click Here)
Do you have questions about The San Diego Promise Program? Do you need support with CANVAS, MYSDCCD, FAFSA, or need support with completing the Promise Progress report? If yes, the San Diego Promise Program at City College is offering Live Support on the following days/times:
***Intersession Hours: Go to the link below, to obtain Zoom Meeting ID and password
- Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/virtualsupportmonday
- Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/virtualsupporttuesday
- Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/virtualsupportwednesday
- Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/virtualsupportthursday
- Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/virtualsupportfriday
Request One-on-One Peer Mentor Support (Clcik Here)
The San Diego Promise is HERE FOR YOU! If you need one-on-one support with the Promise Application, MySDCCD Portal, Canvas, Registering for Classes, General questions, or would like to schedule a Peer Mentor Appointment, click on one of the links below:
Melanie Angulo: http://bit.ly/promisepeermentorma
Miguel Galindo: http://bit.ly/promisepeermentormag
Connect with Us (Click Here)
- WhatsApp: Connect with us and check out our daily announcements/status. Save our number (619) 800-3464 under your contacts and download the WhatsApp App to connect with us!
- Google Voice: Connect with a Promise Peer Mentor by calling 619.800.3464. Peer Mentors can support
you with any of the following:
San Diego Promise application
- Canvas: Campus announcements, program updates, and daily Peer Mentor Discussions/Check-Ins. Contact Program Coordinator to request access.
- Youtube: Check out our channel for video tutorials, and program updates!
- Instagram: Q & A story session, community and campus resources story highlights, and DM for general questions. Follow us at @sdpromisecity
- Zoom: Counselor Lead workshops, Virtual Counseling & Peer Mentor Appointments and Virtual Promise Orientations.
San Diego Promise Important Dates and Deadlines
- Students will be able to work within the program and understand how to utilize resources.
- Students will be able to complete 2 years of academics.
- Students will be able to understand and apply knowledge based on academic counselor assistance with an ed plan.