Counseling & Personal Growth
Our office will be closed on Monday, May 29th for the Memorial Day holiday. We will resume our regular operation hours on Tuesday, May 30
Welcome to the Counseling & Personal Growth Department. We are ready to assist you with all your academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling needs.
To reach our department staff for general inquiries, please call (619) 388-3540 during our business hours, Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 5:30pm, and Friday, 8:00am - 1pm, visit us in room A-366, or email CityCounseling@sdccd.edu.
Connect with a Counselor
Counselors are available via email, in person and online. Click here or use the "Meet with a Counselor" link on the left side menu bar for more information.
Attention New Students
After you apply for admission, and are assigned a student ID number, your next steps are:
- Complete the New Student Online Orientation.
- Complete the New Student Educational Planning Workshop on Canvas. Visit the Counseling Workshops webpage link on the left side menu bar for more information.
Helpful Links and Videos
Department Student Learning Outcomes
- We will empower students to maximize their priority enrollment. Students will gain knowledge of the benefits of being fully matriculated.
- We will empower students with knowledge of campus resources.
- We will empower students by clarifying their career goal.
- We will provide a user friendly system and process to serve student needs.