Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I schedule an e-Appointment with a Counselor?
2. How do I enroll in classes?
- Apply for admission to San Diego City College if you have not already done so. You will be emailed a 10 digit student ID number.
- Once you recieve your 10 digit student ID number, activate your mySDCCD student portal
- You should recieve an email with your assigned registration date and time. You can also view your registration date in your mySDCCD portal.
- Register for classes in your mySDCCD portal on your assigned registration date and time.
- Pay for enrollment fees in your mySDCCD portal.
3. How do I clear a prerequisite?
To clear a prerequisite, students need to fill out the Proof of Prerequisite or Corequisite form as well as provide supporting documentation that the prerequisite has been met. Supporting documentation may include an unofficial transcript. Screen shot of your grade is acceptable as long as your name, the name of the institution, the class, and letter grade is visible. The form as well as directions to submit the form, can be found on our District Forms & Documents website.
4. How do I get help with educational planning when my transcripts from my previous colleges are needed?
First, upload, scan, or take high quality photos of your unofficial transcripts of your previous college(s) and email them to the transcript office at email@example.com. These will be acceptable for now to get you started. Make sure the name of your school and your full name is visible.
Next, schedule an online e-Appointment to meet with a Counselor to go over your remaining classes needed to achieve your goal.
5. How do I request a Counselor that speaks my language?
6. How do I submit my petitions and forms? (ex. Petition to Challenge, Modification of Major form, etc.)
7. I want to go to college. How do I get started?
8. My transcripts from my previous colleges has been sent. How do I get them evaluated?
9. How do I drop/withdraw from a class?
You can drop or withdraw from a class within the appropriate deadlines online through your mySDCCD portal. If the deadline has passed and you had extenuating circumstances that prevented you from dropping or withdrawing by the deadline, you may submit a Student Petition and submit it on the District Forms & Documents website.
If you still have further questions, that have not been addressed, feel free to email our eCounselor.
10. What are my general education options?
If you are planning on getting an Associate degree and have no plans to transfer to a university for a Bachelor's degree, you can use the Associate Degree General Education option.
If you are interested in transferring to a California State University (CSU) like San Diego State University, you can use the CSU GE Breadth.
If you are interested in transferring to a University of California (UC) school like UCLA or UCSD or if you are undecided about which university you want to transfer to, you can follow the IGETC General Education option.
If you are unsure which is the best option for you, you can schedule a Counseling appointment to discuss your best path.