Skip to main contentSkip to footer content

Frequently Asked Questions

Directions to schedule an e-Appointment can be found on our Meet With a Counselor website.

Here is also a helpful video on how to make an appointment and how to cancel it.

The video below contains helpful information on how to prepare for your scheduled appointment.

  1. Apply for admission to San Diego City College if you have not already done so.  You will be emailed a 10 digit student ID number. 
  2. Once you recieve your 10 digit student ID number, activate your mySDCCD student portal
  3. You should recieve an email with your assigned registration date and time.  You can also view your registration date in your mySDCCD portal.
  4. Register for classes in your mySDCCD portal on your assigned registration date and time.  
  5. Pay for enrollment fees in your mySDCCD portal.

To clear a prerequisite, students need to fill out the online Proof of Prerequisite form as well as provide supporting documentation that the prerequisite has been met.  Supporting documentation may include an unofficial transcript.  Screen shot of your grade is acceptable as long as your name, the name of the institution, the class, and letter grade is visible.  Fill out all the fields and under the FORM/PETITION section, link it as "Proof of Prerequisite/Co-Requisite" and more questions will pop up.  Complete the rest of the questions.  

If your previous institutions are partnered with National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment, you can order official e-transcripts from there to be sent to San Diego Community College District.  If your previous institutions are not partnered with National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment, you can have the institution send your official transcripts to 

Schools that are not offering electronic transcripts, can send official transcripts by mail to:

San Diego Community College District
Attn: Transcript Department
3375 Camino Del Rio South, Room 100
San Diego, CA 92108

You are responsible for requesting official transcripts from every institution you have attended. Once transcripts arrrive, the next step is to submit a Request for Transcript Evaluation. Current processing time for transcript evaluation is approximately 90 days.

Next, schedule an online e-Appointment to meet with a Counselor to go over your remaining classes needed to achieve your goal.  

Go to our Meet the Staff website to see the names of all of our Counselors, as well as the languages they speak.  Then, schedule a live e-Appointment to meet with a Counselor. When scheduling an e-Appointment, you may request a specific Counselor.  You may also call our front counter staff at (619) 388-3540 for assistance with scheduling an appointment.   

Most of the Admissions and Counseling petitions and forms can be found on our District Forms & Documents website.  Directions to submit the forms online can also be found at that link.  

  1. Apply for admissions to San Diego City College
  2. Complete an online New Student Orientation
  3. Complete an Educational Planning Workshop so you know what classes you should register for.  You username is your 10 digit student ID number and your password is your 8 digit birthdate (MMDDYYYY)

You can fill the Request for Transcript Evaluation form online and submit the form on the same link.  Under the Form/Petition section, link it as "Request for Transcript Evaluation" so it can be routed to the right department for processing.  The transcript evaluation can take up to 90 days.  In the meantime, you can provide a unofficial copy to a Counselor for immediate advising assistance. 

You can drop or withdraw from a class within the appropriate deadlines online through your mySDCCD portal.  If the deadline has passed and you had extenuating circumstances that prevented you from dropping or withdrawing by the deadline, you may submit a Student Petition and submit it on the District Forms & Documents website.  

If you are planning on getting an Associate degree and have no plans to transfer to a university for a Bachelor's degree, you can use the Associate Degree General Education option.

If you are interested in transferring to a California State University (CSU) like San Diego State University, you can use the CSU GE Breadth.  

If you are interested in transferring to a University of California (UC) school like UCLA or UCSD or if you are undecided about which university you want to transfer to, you can follow the IGETC General Education option.  

If you are unsure which is the best option for you, you can schedule a Counseling appointment to discuss your best path.