International students should be aware that anyone who have prior college credits
will have reduced registration priority. There is no guarantee that you will be able
to complete associate degree requirements or transfer in 2 years. Take this time to
start gathering the required supporting documents, which are necessary for consideration
of admissions. All required and official hardcopy international admissions application documents
must be submitted by the set deadlines, implemented for spring and fall semesters.
Spring deadline to submit all official international admissions application documents
is May 15 and Fall deadline is October 15. Deadlines stay the same, every given year
and deadlines apply to new student applicants and F-1 visa students-already in the
USA, applying to transfer-in from another college, language school or university.
2. PASSPORT SIZE PHOTO (must be included on page 1 of international student application).
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY IS REQUIRED, TOEFL 61IBT/500PBT (official test scores must be submitted through ETS.org)
- VERIFICATION OF FINANCIAL RESOURCES OF $32,300.00 USD (original and certified documents by bank must be submitted). Each international student must submit verification of sufficient financial resources. The verification must indicate the ability of the student to finance each year's education and living expenses. An international student attending the college must pay all mandatory fees, including nonresident tuition, enrollment fees and health services fees. *Nonresident tuition and fees are subject to change without notice pursuant to SDCCD Board of Trustee resolution.
- STUDENTS MUST BE IN GOOD HEALTH AND FREE OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES. The "Report of Health Examination" form must be fully completed & signed by a medical practitioner and submitted with the the international admissions application.
- AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT MUST HAVE GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL (OR ITS EQUIVALENT) WITH A GRADE POINT AVERAGE OF "C" (2.0) OR BETTER. Foreign high school coursework/transcripts must be evaluated by a USA credentialing agency under NACES.org. Official and evaluated transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope and evaluation must be completed by an agency from the NACES member list. Evaluated report must include GPA (grade point average). To view directory of current NACES members: https://www.naces.org/ * TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY WITHIN THE USA, YOU WILL NEED TO ALSO SUBMIT:
- TRANSFER CLEARANCE FORM
- COPY OF CURRENT I-20
- COPY OF VISA, PASSPORT PAGE & I-94
- EVALUATED HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS WITH A GRADE POINT AVERAGE OF "C" (2.0.) OR BETTER. All foreign high school coursework/transcripts must be evaluated by a USA credentialing agency. Official and evaluated transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope. Evaluation must be completed by an agency from the NACES member list. Evaluated report/s must include GPA (grade point avarage).
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS SHOWING STUDENT MAINTAINED A FULL TIME COURSE OF STUDY WITH A
MINIMUM GPA OF 2.0 ('C') AT THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY THE STUDENT WAS LAST AUTHORIZED
ADMISSIONS APPLICATION DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR SPRING 2024 SEMESTER
Spring 2024- Applications will be accepted between September 1-October 15. Deadline to submit all official hardcopy international admisisons application documents for spring 2024 is: October 15, 2023 Spring 2024 semester starts: January 29, 2024
ADMISSIONS APPLICATION DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR FALL 2024 SEMESTER
FALL 2024 -Applications will be accepted between April 1-May 15. Deadline to submit all official hardcopy international admissions application documents for fall 2024 is: May 15, 2024
Fall 2024 semester starts: August 19, 2024