INTERNATIONAl CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Thank you for your interest in the San Diego City College International Student Program. If you have any questions about the international admissions application process, requirements or deadlines, you may email us or call us. Please scroll down to the end of this page to see our contact information. For more descriptive information about the international admissions application requirements, you can click on admissions requirement on the left hand side of the internatioanl students page.
We encourage prospective & continuing F-1 students interested in the latest visa information, to visit the Department of State website: https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov
San Diego City College is certified to accept nonimmigrant F-1 visa students. Acceptance into the F-1 visa program at the college is necessary before a Certificate of Eligibility Form I-20 is issued by the college admissions office. The decision to grant admissions into San Diego City College, will be based on all evidence received and once admissions application documents are reviewed.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants who applied by the deadline will be notified within 4 weeks of their admissions status.
Your completed application must arrive in our office by:
ADMISSION DATES FOR SPRING & FALL SEMESTERS
*Late or Incomplete International Admisisons Applications will not be accepted.
- Spring 2023 Applications will be accepted between September 1- October 15, 2022. Deadline to submit all required admissions application documents for spring 2023 is October 15, 2022.
- FALL 2023 Applications will be accepted between April 1-May 15, 2023. Deadline to submit all required admissions application documents for fall 2023 is May 15, 2023.
Please mail completed application forms and all required official documents including a non-refundable application fee of $100 to the following address below:
San Diego City College
International Student Admissions, A-241
1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92101
- An international student is required to maintain a full-time course load (minimum of 12 units) each semester at San Diego City College and make satisfactory progress each semester while at San Diego City College. Part-time F-1 status will not be approved. The registration status and academic performance of all international students will be monitored through out the semester by the college and reported via SEVIS.
- A recent photograph must be submitted with an application (passport size is acceptable).
- Prospective international students are advised that they must comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and of San Diego City College to be admitted as international students.
- A transfer student from another accredited United States college or university must:
- Complete the application for international student;
- Submit all required international admissions application documents by the set deadlines;
- Have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (C) at the college the student was last authorized to attend. An official transcript must be filed, and;
- Follow set transfer procedures of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- Restriction on Aviation Program. The Federal government prohibits all F-visa (F-1, F-2 and F-3) students from enrolling in any Aviation Maintenance Technology (AVIM) and/or Aviation Operations (AVIA) classes and programs. No exceptions will be made. Student enrollment is monitored and students will be administratively dropped.
Enrollment Services, Admissions