FALL 2020 FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE GRANT APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Through the United Way of San Diego, City College is able to offer financial assistance to students in need. The purpose of these funds is to award emergency financial grants to a group of students who are not eligible for CARES Act funding and have specific expenses that are a direct result of the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19. Eligible students may apply to receive $200.00. Application deadline Closed on Monday, September 28, 2020.
In order to be eligible for the United Way of San Diego Financial Assistance Grant, students must:
- Currently enrolled in for Fall 2020 classes
- Not eligible for Unemployment Insurance (did not file an IRS 1040s form)
- Are one of the following:
- Non-US Citizen
- Undocumented Student
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Non-High School Graduate
- Have experienced employment related hardship due to COVID-19
ABOUT THE FUND
- The United Way of San Diego grant is made to provide resources to students impacted by layoffs and reduced working hours as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- If you would like to volunteer to provide a personal testimonial to highlight the impact of the grant please indicate it on the application.
- Maximum amount a City College student can receive for Fall 2020 is $200.
- This award is not a loan and does not have to be paid back.
- United Way funds are limited.
APPLICATION DEADLINE - CLOSED (5:00pm on Monday, September 28, 2020)
RECEIVING THE AWARD
Students will receive a confirmation email once they submit.
Students can track the status of their request by clicking on the link in the confirmation email or visiting the mySDCCD Support Center at https://mysdccd.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals
- Funds will be awarded by check and mailed to the student applicant's current mailing address only.
- Please check that your current MAILING address is correct. If needed, click here for instructions on updating your contact information.
Email email@example.com, please include:
- Financial Aid Password; and
- Application Confirmation Number.