The San Diego City College Counseling Department is an important partner with students in the education process. We provide the following valuable services to help students achieve their goals and understand the campus community and college culture:
- A personal connection to the college and available resources.
- Personal counseling to encourage self-exploration/discovery in a safe and confidential environment.
- Career counseling and life planning.
- Educational direction and guidance.
- Integrity -- adhering to the highest professional ethical standards as defined in "Standards of Practice for CA Community College Counseling Faculty and Programs" (Adopted spring 1997 and revised and adopted fall 2008 by the Academic Senate for CA Community Colleges)
- Mutual Respect -- respecting and honoring differences of perspectives, values, and beliefs
- Innovation -- creating new and better ways to serve our students effectively
- Student Empowerment -- providing students with the tools to become self-sufficient
- Collaboration -- working together toward a common goal while respecting individual roles
- Teamwork -- cultivating a departmental environment of interdependence and mutual support that allows people to maximize their strengths and realize their potential
- Student Well Being -- promoting the holistic health of students with direct services, resources, and support so they will thrive in school and beyond
cITY COUNSELING BLOG
City College Students: Stay informed about college and career. Join a supportive community geared toward making a difference. Connect to City College and participate in our counseling blog!
Are you interested in the Chicano(a) Latino(a) experience? Planning to transfer? Want to be part of a learning community team taught/peer approach to education? Check out the support you can receive in Puente
Do you want exposure to African American culture, literature, and experiences? Planning to transfer? Join a learning community dedicated to helping students - UMOJA
There are three $500.00 scholarships (Gloria Heredia, Dr. Art Jackson, and Lemuel Lemons) sponsored by the Counseling Department available to students from September to December each year. Check out the Student Affairs scholarship site for more information.