Digital Print and Mail Room Center
|Mail Room||Faculty Supplies||Self Serve Copiers||FAQ||Students|
Located in: T-131 Phone: 619-388-3444
Summer Open Hours: Monday - Thursday 6:30 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 6:30 am - 4:30 pm
(Closed Weekends and District Holidays)
The Digital Print and Mailroom Department are here to provide printing and mail services to the campus community.
Click link below to view/print 2023-2024 Calendar
San Diego Community College District Calendar - City College
All print requests require 24 hour turnaround timeline with color printing and high-volume requests requiring additional time for completion.
Word Processing and Design requests require 5 working days.
Job Orders via E-mail:
Email requests sent after 3:30 PM, Friday - Sunday, will be considered a Monday a.m. submission.
Copying and Printing:
Black/White and Full Color up to 13"x19"
Black/White and Full Color posters up to 24"x36"
ALL COLOR REQUESTS and orders other than tests, having more than 10 originals, require department chair pre-approval for processing. CC the department chair, asking for approval; the chair will email us.
(please note that prices may change on a monthly basis due to reprocussions from the COVID19 pandemic)
We Offer Printing Such as:
- Business Cards - Liaison with District Reprographic (note: after filling it out, print and give to your supervisor or dean who will approve and send to VPAS for final approval, and forward to us).
- Banners up to 6 feet (with gromments if requested)
- Big Checks (on foamboard)
- Carbonless Forms (NCR)
- Labels - mailing - vinyl - clear cling - permanent - removable - name badge - round - and more
- Note pads
- .... and more .... just ask and we'll try to make it happen! (digital only - it has to be run able to run thru the press)
- Collate and Staple
- Hole punching
- Komb Binding - Plastic Spiral Binding - Wire-O Binding
- Poster mounting
- Black and white
- Variety of Resolutions and File Types
Faculty and Departmental mailboxes - Incoming and outgoing District mail
All stamped and metered mail is processed by US Postal Services.
- First Class
- Priority - Certified, Return Receipt, Registered, Insured forms are available
- Global Express
- International - Air
Mail Mailroom Center only uses metered mail (no stamps are sold). Only official college business goes through the mailrom. No personal mail will be metered or taken to post office. For a guide to how mail should be addressed and other mail guidelines please click here: Guide and Link to USPS. Each mail piece must have City College's return address with department or sender's name. Mail should come to the center unsealed. Flat Rate envelopes and packages, as well as forms for the Post Office, are supplied at no cost.
All outgoing mail and packages must be in the center by 9:00 AM for processing and pick up by U.S. Postal Services the same day. Mail that comes in after 9:00 AM will be processed for the next business day.
A USPS curbside mail box is located on Russ Blvd by the "A" building. Drop-off time is 10:00 AM
Unfortunately, it is out of our control as to when the Postal Service picks up curbside, but if there is a mailpiece that must have special services such as Express or International, these items must be in our office by noon to insure same day drop-off.
Delivery - District:
District Mailroom Center delivers and picks up twice a day at 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM
on Mondays and Wednesdays.
District mail is comprised of Mesa, Miramar, Continuing Ed, ECC, Unified School District and other select college districts.
Supplies - Instructional
Supplies dispensed on an immediate use basis.
- Dry Erase Markers
- Letterhead Stationary & Envelopes
- Scantron Item Analysis forms
- Golf Pencils (may be borrowed to complete evaluations)
Faculty are given individual copy codes for the self-serve copiers. Your personal number of copies is limited, so please use this self-serve copier as "emergency back-up" only. Requests beyond copy limitation require approval from your department chair. Self-Serve copiers are located throughout the campus. Please call Digital Print, 619-388-3444 for copy code and copier location.
Scantron LocationsThe Digital Print and Mail Center has a scantron machine available during regular business hours. For other locations please call 619-388-3444 for further information on other locations.
To make photocopies or printouts in the LRC and campus labs, students must buy a copy card. There is a copy card dispenser on the main level of the Learning Resource Center, in front of the Copy Room (room R208). The Accounting Office, A-256 also sells cards for $3.00 (with $2.50 worth of copies and .50 charged for the card). Cost of copies per page is 10 cents, color is 50 cents. Contact LRC for more information on Student Printers. 3 copiers are located in Library, room R208 and 1 in Student Affairs Lobby, M-200.
Drop Off to Faculty:
Students can turn in work for their professors during our business hours by filling out a form and attaching their documents. We will put in faculty mailboxes within 4 hours.
- How do I request Business Cards and how much do they cost? Use this link to the Business Cards Request. Fill out the form, print it, secure approval signatures, take to Business Services who will give final approval and send it to Digital Print for processing. Printing takes approximately two weeks for completion. Cost for 250 cards is $15; 500 is $20; 1,000 is $30.
- I teach at night, where does my student drop off my evaluation packet after you've closed? Contact the Faculty Evaluation Coordinator, Patricia Pugnier at: email@example.com.
- When does the District mail arrive and/or pickup? The District Mail Center delivers and picks up twice a day at approximately 9:30 AM and 2:00 PM only on Mondays and Wednesdays.