Educate not Incarcerate.
The City Scholars Program was designed to help justice-impacted students transition to San Diego City College. The program provides access to a range of academic, social, and emotional support to help students facilitate their success in college.
- Enroll in at least 6 units or more each semester
- Apply for Financial Aid
As a City Scholars student you will be required to meet the following program requirements:
- Complete and submit progress reports each semester
- Meet with Mental Health Counselor for check in/ resources within the community and campus once per semester
- Enroll in a Personal Growth course within the first year in college
- Complete a comprehensive educational plan by the end of your first year
- Participate in a Student Engagement Activity each semester
For more information on how to become a City Scholar, contact:
City Scholars Counselor
Counselor: Oscar Duran
Project Assistant: Walter Holloway